OC Air Show Stay Safe and Separate Initiatives
The OC Air Show is implementing a series of “Stay safe initiatives” to ensure the safety of guests and spectators at this year’s rescheduled event. The following initiatives extend across all the event premium viewing venues which include the Drop Zone Beach, Flight Line Club, VIP Skybox and VIP Penthouse:
- Increased size of the Drop Zone Beach, Flight Line Club and VIP Skybox venues
- Reduced number of tickets available to each venue to ensure guests can stay separate from other groups
- Tickets must be purchased online or by phone, they will not be sold on-site at the event.
- Mitigate lines at venue entrances by adding additional entrances and allowing early entry
- Providing for 6 feet of separation between groups for any guests waiting to check in
- Contactless ticket scanning and individually packaged wristbands guests can put on themselves
- Frequent sanitization of all surfaces and restrooms
- Increased presence of hand-washing and sanitizing stations in all premium viewing areas
- Hand sanitizer available for purchase in the Drop Zone Beach and provided in all other areas
- Retail concessions for food, beverage and merchandise will be credit-preferred payment
The OC Air Show has added a new premium viewing area for 2020 called the ‘Sand Boxes‘, designed primarily for the at-risk, the elderly, and families with small children to be able to enjoy the air show on the beach in their own personal are of the beach.
The OC Air Show is cooperating with the Town of Ocean City to encourage social distancing and safe general viewing of the event from the beach and boardwalk. The following initiatives will be implemented for this year’s event:
- The public address sound normally available in the immediate area around Show Center will be much more limited and only be audible in premium viewing areas to encourage spectators to spread out across the entire beach where the show can be viewed.
- A text feed version of the narration will be made available via the event Twitter page at https://twitter.com/ocairshow
- New mobile device technology will be deloyed to enhance spectators ability to enjoy the show anywhere in the 10 mile radius where the jets are visible or virtually attend the show
- Wearing a mask is required when transiting, going to the restroom or getting food and beverage
- Wearing a mask is recommended while sitting to watch the show separated from others
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available for purchase at all event merchandise stands
Staying safe and separate is a team effort! Your assistance helps keep you and the spectators around you safe. Here are the things you can do to help stay safe and separate at the OC Air Show:
- The stage for the air show is 10 miles wide and 1,000 feet high so spread out!
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Wear a mask as required per the State of Maryland in any instance, even outdoors, where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet or more between your party and others.
- Do not attend the show if you or a family member have been sick.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids during the show.
- Minimize touching surfaces and your face.
- Avoid using cash when making purchases